Life & times at the Azalea House B&B

These are the tales of my life operating a bed & breakfast in a small town in Florida. Not only do I run a B&B, I am also a Pastry Chef,Rug Hooker and Stitcher with on site cross stitch shop specializing in reproduction samplers.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

HALLOWEEN! I love halloween. I don't really dress up in costumes, but I love to decorate the Inn. I deck out the dining room & parlor mantles , plus I put up a 6' tall Christmas tree all done in Halloween ornaments. The best part of my Halloween decorations is the view you get when first entering the Inn. We have 12' ceilings and a beautiful curly pine staircase that goes up 3 floors. 2 years ago the rug hooking guild I belong to hooked Halloween stair risers and gave them to us. What a huge gift that was (I hooked the skeleton) but they did the other 18. My good friend Katie Puckett (who is also a hooking teacher) hooked 4 of them. So many thanks to... Katie Puckett, Melody Bryan, Jane Hart, Henri Allegrante, Nancy Show, Kerrie Lester, JoAnne Perrone, Dawn Gray, Nan Freeman, Judy Colley, Jackie Mesnick, Karen Gutowski and Jan Miseradino. You all hold a special place in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home